Search Unity

continue running app in background for audio generation (iOS) ?

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by clinton_d, Nov 3, 2011.

1. DRL769

DRL769

Hi all,
    Is somebody solve the problem? I have google the solution for a long time, but cannot solve it still!:(

2. Flamesky

Flamesky

Hello, I have search this issue for a long time on google/bing/baidu, but still can't find out a way to solve it, i try to PlayerLoop(true, true, NULL); but now it can't not be compiled correctly on xcode 8.3, it post that :
    Undefined symbols for architecture armv7:
    "PlayerLoop(bool, bool, NULL)", referenced from:
    and what should i do? what i want is to keep my game to recieve socket msg in the backgroud and never disconnected. if somebody get a way, tell me and thanks so much!

3. Flamesky

Flamesky

4. Tom-Goethals

Tom-Goethals

Hi There, I'm trying to keep a download (UnityWebRequest) running for a while longer when the app goes to the background. The code in this post (Thanks to @r618) made this possible. I've moved the code to a plugin so no need to patch the controller each time you make a build.

However, in Unity217.2.0f3 PlayerLoop does not take any arguments anymore. It's working without the arguments but throwing a couple of errors in the log in xCode.

Code (CSharp):
    1. "Execution of the command buffer was aborted due to an error during execution. Insufficient Permission (to submit GPU work from background) (IOAF code 6)"
    Is there another Unity function I can call to have my scripts execute once and a while but skip the rendering part?

Thanks in advance.

5. mfgage

mfgage

6. aorata

aorata

So no way to play audio in background yet?