Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Content update not working as expected

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by timbokoppers, Jul 22, 2021.

1. timbokoppers

timbokoppers

Addressables version : 1.18.13 (tried with 1.18.11 as well)
    Unity version : 2020.3.11f1

I've first made a addressables build, uploaded the remote bundles to a server. Everything is working fine.

Then I've made some changes to one of the remote bundles. When making a 'Update previous build' it recognises the made changes as it should, so that is working allright.
    But it goes wrong in the local bundles, which aren't changed. But when doing a 'Check for content update restrictions' it says a lot of files that are in local bundles are changed, see this screenshot :

It includes presets (which I believe should be excluded) and shader and textures. Those textures are part of an atlas.

I'm not applying changes, make a 'Update previous build' and then (of course) get a lot of errors :

This is how the local bundles look like :

I know 100% I've NOT changed on of those local files. I don't know why the addressables are marking them as changed? We are working with GitHub, maybe meta files are changed for some reason? Or the fact that the presets are included?

Any clue what is happening? It is impossible to make proper content update builds now..

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
  2. Jonas-Neuston

Jonas-Neuston

I'm experiencing the same issue with Addressables 1.18.13 and Unity 2018.4.26f1.

When I modify one line in a shader that's in a remote Addressables Group marked as Can Change Post Release, and then click Check for Content Update Restrictions, I get a list with assets in another remote Addressables Group marked as Cannot Change Post Release.

What's going on? I didn't change anything in those assets, I only changed an asset that they depend on. But that's the whole idea right, to be able to change assets in groups and only have to update them without having to update all the other groups too.

If I run the Update a Previous Build and upload the new assets to my server and then run the previous build - I get the same runtime errors as you do.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  3. Jonas-Neuston

Jonas-Neuston

I noticed that if I marked all the dependent groups as Can Change Post Release then the behavior was as expected. But that's not really what I want - I only want the group with the shared assets to be changeable post release, not all of the other groups that depend on it. I have read the documentation and watched the Unity videos but I might be missing something here.

4. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

I'll kick this over to the team for their thoughts!

5. pillakirsten

pillakirsten

Unity Technologies

I'm currently working on a content update bug that is resulting in the same "RemoteProviderException : Invalid path in AssetBundleProvider" error. It seems to have been introduced sometime after 1.16.19.

The flagging of assets with "Cannot Change Post Release" in the Content Update Preview window seems like a separate bug. There were a few changes to content update in 1.18.11 and 1.18.13 that may have introduced it.
    Would you be able to file a bug report with a sample project?