Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Content removed from Unity Learn?

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by GrapePaste, Jun 15, 2021.

1. GrapePaste

GrapePaste

I just got Maya as a student and was excited to finally follow the Swords and Shovels animations tutorial, but I couldn't find it. I looked at my course history and found it had been removed! Not only that but other courses had been removed as well (Such as the C# survival guide).

Is this a temporary bug, or did Unity remove this content? And if they did, then why? Was there an announcement of removal that I missed?

______________________________________________________________________________________

Screenshot (271).png

Screenshot (272).png

IgorLugosi likes this.
  2. ASB

ASB

I was wondering what happened to C# Survival Guide myself. Pretty sure Unity stated last year that Learn and all associated content were to be free in perpetuity...which means forever. This was before their public listing I think though.

And, I guarantee that content is still relevant and not completely obsolete.

I wanna know what happened to this stuff too.

IgorLugosi likes this.
  3. Sundiray

Sundiray

IIRC some licenses ran out and they removed old 3rd party content. I think all the old stuff is now on coursera or pluralsight
    They have new stuff that should cover most of the things that went out. The newer content is also much much better imo

Also there multiple threads and updazes in this very same category in the forums on the topic ;)

IgorLugosi likes this.
  4. IgorLugosi

IgorLugosi

Thanks for the explanation. Ugh, annoying, I wish they'd leave an explanation and point to where the content went because I was not done.

GrapePaste likes this.
  5. Sundiray

Sundiray

They did.

6. GrapePaste

GrapePaste

They did, actually! I'm gonna be helpful and actually share the link.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
  7. GrapePaste

GrapePaste

Imo, the new content is nothing like the old. Don't mean to be negative, but they don't have anything like their old Pluralsight tutorials. They removed the tutorials that required you to have Maya just when I finally got access to Maya lol.

Also, no one was talking about this when I first posted this. Thanks anyway for letting me know that there are multiple threads. I don't think they're of any benefit to me, but I'm glad to know it's an issue with more people than just me. ;)

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021