Search Unity

Content rating and Unity ads filtering

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by neufoctobre, Mar 8, 2018.

1. neufoctobre

neufoctobre

Hi,

I have a policy question regarding the app content rating and unity ads filtering.

If an app content rating is at 3+ or everyone, That I understood is the ads in the app should not be displayed if their content doesn't respect the app content rating. Is it true ?

That does mean an ads rated 7+ is forbidden in this case ?
    Then the unity ads filtering should be set to do not show 5+ ads ?
    This will drive in a huge drop of revenue right ?!

Thanks !

2. marcopesce

marcopesce

This is a very good question. I'm wondering if it's better to lose some users from the app store (rating the app 17+ or 13+ ...) or to lose some "ads" lowering the Ads rating.

Another good question could be: if we set "AGE DESIGNATION" for children under 13, this imply that also the Unity Ads will be automatically managed to respect this settings?

3. neufoctobre

neufoctobre

Hello,

I finally contact the IARC company and I get an answer form them, which is I think the most official answer we can get !

"You should rate to the highest (“most extreme”) available content. Keep in mind ALL of the content present in your app when filling out the IARC questionnaire."

That means if your rate is 3+ you can't show 7+ ads.Here it is.
    So I guess this can leads to lower revenue as less ads are shown.

About the "AGE DESIGNATION", if you meant the checkbox in unity dashboard to be COPPA compliant, this only means no data will be collected from your player and only contextual ads will be displayed. This doesn't block inappropriate ads, you have to block category yourself. This is I understood from my investigation.

marcopesce likes this.