Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Content Manager Window - missing scripts?

Discussion in 'Unity MARS' started by fherbst, Mar 17, 2021.

1. fherbst

fherbst

The blog post mentions the new Content Manager being available under "Window > Content Manager". I can't find that.
    Also I think the latest is 1.3 and it seems to have missing scripts for the entries shown in the blog post screenshots.

Is this a bug?

upload_2021-3-17_13-24-5.png

2. jmunozarUTech

jmunozarUTech

Unity Technologies

hello @fherbst ,

Could you try pressing right click and "Reimport" the assets and let us know if it still happens?; let us know.

3. fherbst

fherbst

Doesn't solve it unfortunately.
    Also there doesn't seem to be a script with the requested GUID (fileID: 11500000, guid: 951f71b896deb3c4b8e587587876ae12) in the package. Is there some additional package/script/content I might be missing here?

4. jmunozarUTech

jmunozarUTech

Unity Technologies

hello @fherbst,

Interesting. Could you please tell us which packages do you have installed in the package manager?, what version of Unity are you running in and what device are you targeting to build MARS for?

5. fherbst

fherbst

• Running 2021.1.0b1 right now
    • Just created a new project and added the MARS package via Package Manager (+ and enter the package name)

6. jmunozarUTech

jmunozarUTech

Unity Technologies

hello @fherbst,

We have found your issue and the problem happens because you are updating MARS through the package manager and not through the MARS Installer.unitypackage that you got through your email when you signed up.

The thing is; this installer has been updated to support the content manager so you will have to run the latest unitypackage installer.

To find this installer you should have received a link to it via email after you sign up at http://unity.com/products/unity-mars

Or this installer can also be found at http://id.unity.com at My Account > My Seats or Organizations > "Your Organization".

So to fix this just download the latest installer and run the unitypackage and that should fix your missing references :).

7. fherbst

fherbst

Hi again, I'll try.

Please note that this is very weird since it means that the MARS package is not self-contained / has references outside the actual package without specifying them as dependencies. This should be considered a bug.

We're heavily relying on package workflows, dependencies between packages etc. and it's not viable having to run the installer every time. Updating through the Package Manager is the "official" way to update packages, why are you making an exception here?

8. jmunozarUTech

jmunozarUTech

Unity Technologies

Hello @fherbst,

You are correct as in its not the normal way to update a unity package. We are actively improving the cross-package setup either by taking hard dependencies or making it work better in the case of soft dependencies (like how the content manager is right now).

In the meantime, if running the MARS installer is a no-go you can also manually add the Content Manager into your manifest with the entry:

Code (CSharp):
    1.     "com.unity.content-manager": "0.1.3-preview",

fherbst likes this.