Search Unity

Content catalog is not cached in build

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by Tayfe, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Tayfe

Tayfe

I'm facing a weird problem with
    Addressables.LoadContentCatalogAsync(url)
    . When I call this function and the program has a working internet connection everything works fine. But as soon as the internet is turned off the catalog can't be found anymore. That's because the content catalog isn't cached locally. Here comes the weird part:

I'm using my script since a while and it worked for a couple of months. I'm using version 1.10. And when running my program in the editor it still works exactly as it should! Content catalog is cached in AppData/Company/Program/com.unity.addressables/ and everything works fine. But when I build the program and try to run it on either Android or Windows it's not working anymore. The asset bundle packages are still downloaded and cached! Only the catalog file is not?! Sadly I didn't test this feature for a few weeks I couldn't figure out yet when it was working the last time. But I didn't change addressables version since then.

I'm writing other custom stuff like logs etc to the persistent data path so this cannot be a problem with writing permissions. And as said the assetbundle data themselfs are still downloaded. There is missing nothing but the catalog file.
    Thought it could be because of a broken .hash file but it's working in the editor so this can't be the issue either.

It I create a folder com.unity.addressables and copy&paste the catalog and it's hash file manually everything is working without internet connection. So the missing catalog file is the only issue. And I got absolutly no clue why it's not downloaded and cached after building the program.

Can anyone help me please? I'm totally confused!

2. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

I'll flag this for the team to have a look, and see if they can help with the confusion. :)

3. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Because you're on such an old version of the package, it was advised that you upgrade and see if that fixes this. If not, please file a bug report for us so we can dig into it a bit further.