Search Unity

Consulo IDE (Intellij IDEA based IDE)

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by SomeAlexander, Oct 22, 2014.

1. RobRendell

RobRendell

Thanks, Vistall. I've raised an issue on the Consulo/Consulo github: https://github.com/consulo/consulo/issues/261

As you can see from the screenshots there, "Help -> Check for updates" appears to go through the motions, but the plugins don't appear to have changed version after the restart.

2. RobRendell

RobRendell

Ok, so having got my plugins working again (thanks again!), I come to the issue that I was originally going to report, which prompted me to update my plugins/IDE first in case it was an issue with the version I was running :)

I'm trying to use the UMA system (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/13930), specifically the DynamicCharacterSystem extension. The source for those C# classes are buried pretty deep in the default layout you get with UMA (Assets/UMA/Core/Extensions/DynamicCharacterSystem/Scripts). When I try to access those scripts from my top-level scripts (in Assets/Scripts), my "using" statements are being marked as unused, and it's unable to resolve the UMA class names. Consulo can find the classes fine if I use control-N "find class name".

The code compiles without error in Unity proper, which is why I'm posting this in the Consulo thread - it seems to be a problem with Consulo (or how I'm using it).

I'd rather not rearrange the UMA files, since that will make upgrading etc. more difficult.

I'm not well versed in C# - I'm much more familiar with Java (hence, familiar with Intellij Idea and wanting to use Consulo :) ). I may be doing something wrong in the way I'm trying to do the "using", since C# modules don't correspond 1:1 with the filesystem like Java packages do. I also thought I might need to mark the Assets/UMA/Core/Extensions/DynamicCharacterSystem/Scripts directory as a "source directory", but if that's a thing in Consulo then I can't work out how to do it.

Here's some sample code that isn't working for me. The classes DynamicCharacterAvatar and
    DnaSetter are coming up as undefined.

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using UMA;
    3. using UMACharacterSystem;
    4. using System.Collections.Generic;
    6. public class NotWorkingCharacter {
    8.     private GameObject avatar;
    10.     public NotWorkingCharacter(GameObject avatarPrefab, Vector3 position) {
    11.         avatar = GameObject.Instantiate(avatarPrefab);
    12.         avatar.transform.position = position;
    13.         avatar.transform.rotation = Quaternion.Euler(0, 0, 0);
    14.         RandomizeAvatar();
    15.     }
    17.     private void RandomizeAvatar() {
    18.         DynamicCharacterAvatar dynamicCharacterAvatar = avatar.GetComponent<DynamicCharacterAvatar>();
    20.         // Set Random DNA
    21.         Dictionary<string, DnaSetter> setters = dynamicCharacterAvatar.GetDNA();
    22.         foreach (KeyValuePair<string, DnaSetter> dna in setters)
    23.         {
    24.             dna.Value.Set(0.35f + (Random.value * 0.3f));
    25.         }
    27.         dynamicCharacterAvatar.BuildCharacter();
    28.         dynamicCharacterAvatar.ForceUpdate(true, false, false);
    29.     }
    30. }

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  3. RobRendell

RobRendell

4. VISTALL

VISTALL