Search Unity

Question Constantly need to refresh license and sign out and back in.

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by cowtrix, Feb 26, 2022.

1. cowtrix

cowtrix

Hello. For the past month or so I've been struggling every time I need to launch a project. Pretty much every single time, Unity will kick me out complaining that I don't have a valid license. It will then take me to the License page in the Hub, where I try to refresh it but get told "Unable to refresh license. Please try again." Sometimes logging out and back in fixes it but sometimes it take a few times. What is going on here? Why is it made to be so feather sensitive? It's been really frustrating.

jjmontes likes this.
  2. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Are you using any sort of virtual machine or work computer that clears away temporary files after each reboot?

3. NeneChico

NeneChico

i had previously this problem, here were the cause :
    1. i was using same licence on 2 differents computers
    2. i was using a pc with a thunderbolt connected 3d card, if for a reason the 3d card was not connected unity believe it's a different computer than with the 3d card connected

4. Blepius

Blepius

It seems like the Hub needs to be restarted sometimes. Make sure to fully close the program by clicking "Show hidden icons" in Windows.

I've also experienced "feather sensitive" behavior with the licensing server. I think it started sometime around 2021.2.

5. DrunkenMastah

DrunkenMastah

Same bug since 2016 .... I stopped using this HUB software because of this problem... causes package manager to not load and many other bugs. that i have stopped counting.

Poor quality software.. (no surprise)

My Solution so far: Remove the HUB software manually install Unity from archive and use.

6. mowax74

mowax74

Major problems with the license section of the HUB exist since years and are not getting fixes.
    They are even easy reproducable.

Send your computer to sleep instead of shutoff (surprise, surprise...people are doing this regularly). After the next start go to "manage license" -> Refresh. The license can not be retrieved.
    So, since i almost never shutdown my computer, working in unity with the package manager is a pain. My license in the HUB has a problem, so no packages are found in the package manager. Each and every time.

Then you start to mess around with restarting Unity, the HUB, the System....just to get a list of my asset store purchases. Ridiculous.