Search Unity

Constantly getting pop-up 'application.tickglobalcallbacks' whenever i do anything in Unity.

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by ZiggyPiggy69, May 3, 2023.

1. ZiggyPiggy69

ZiggyPiggy69

Attempting to do some greyboxing for a level but every time i do anything the tick global callback pop-up appears and loads for a number of seconds. I'm not sure what to do to fix this - i've deleted my library folder and let it regenerate but nothing. Sometimes when i restart my PC it fixes it but other times it doesnt. If anyone has encountered this - please let me know. Capture.PNG

2. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

What version of Unity and which packages/assets did you install?

Maybe start again with a new empty project and only install the absolutely necessary packages/assets and do so one by one to check if any of those cause that issue.

3. ZiggyPiggy69

ZiggyPiggy69

So, im working on a project with multiple people - i just get what my boss has installed and download the repository at my end. So any packages that i've got are usually installed by him. Its running fine at his end aswell and we have the exact same versions and files. Since its isolated to my computer (nobody else in the team is having these problems - even with the scenes ive commited that i've been working on), i cant help but think its something specific with my computer.

i havent installed any packages or add ons myself either. ive also done a clean install of unity. i've also cehcked that all my drivers are up to date and closed any bulky apps running in th bg. i've also restored the game files to a point in time that i wasnt getting these issues using plastic and i still had the same problems.

im half in mind to just wipe my C drive and do a clean windows install and see if it fixes it.

4. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Have you tried deleting the Library (with Unity & IDE closed) and then re-open the project?
    Also try resetting the window layout. It's a button or dropdown somewhere in the upper right corner.

Try to confirm that. Zip up your project, including Library, and send it to someone else on the team and have them open the project. If they don't have the issue, it's only your machine. If they do have the issue, it could still be something on your machine/setup that alters the project in some way, or doesn't ... like quite often editor code is written with the assumption that generated files already exist and then it fails for anyone who pulls a fresh version of the project from source control. Something like that is my hunch.

The good thing is, the team mate that has the same issue with your version of the project can then diff it with their version (excluding the Library, obj, temp folders). That way you can try and narrow it down.

5. DaveA_VR

DaveA_VR

I'm having this problem now with several projects in 2021. Deleting the library, obj, temp, does not help. Unity never gets to the point where I can interact with the editor at all.