Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Constantly auto logged out after creating a Unity Connect profile

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by zoran404, Jan 1, 2017.

1. zoran404

zoran404

As the title says, I'm am logged out as soon as the page reloads. So I basically can not access my unity account any more.

Well not from my main browser anyways - firefox.

I don't have the problem for when trying with other browsers or firefox mobile.

But I don't want to switch browsers every time I need to use my unity account.

2. kg-unity

kg-unity

Unity Technologies

We've tried it in firefox and can not repro your problem. Could you please elaborate a bit more on the issue?

3. zoran404

zoran404

I've tried this on firefox on other computers and this doesn't happen.
    But on this machine I've tried on windows and linux and it's the same.
    It's not because of cookies since I've tried deleting them and even tried it in private browsing mode.

I just tried using NoScrpt and I'm not logged out any more, but this doesn't help me much since the unity websites use javascript for everything.

So I looked at the console log and this error pops up:
    16:54:27.308 The resource from “https://www.google.com/cse/style/look/v2/default.css” was blocked due to MIME type mismatch (X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff). 1 forum.unity3d.com
    And I'm guessing that when this fails the script defaults to logging me out.

4. kg-unity

kg-unity

Unity Technologies

5. zoran404

zoran404

Well that was random. And kindofa a stupid problem. No idea why my settings on this machine were different.

6. mischa2k

mischa2k

Had the same problem today. It was caused by the Self Destructing Cookies add-on which sets allowed site's cookies to 'Allow first-party only' automatically. If you manually set them to 'Allow' for unity3d.com and unity.com then it works.

zoran404 likes this.