Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Constant "Unity version changed" warning

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by PaintedSkyStudios, Dec 7, 2016.

1. PaintedSkyStudios

PaintedSkyStudios

Hey all,

Another small bug- Since upgrading to 5.5.0x1 to enable Collaborate support, I keep getting the "Your Unity version changed" orange warning box in the Collab dropdown. Thing is, it hasn't updated again since Collaborate has been enabled... And I don't have any other people in my team. So this message is irrelevant twice over, and not only that, it keeps popping up regardless of how many times I restart Unity or dismiss the warning.

2. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

That IS annoying! Could you do two things for me?

First, Let me know the exact version of Unity you have. You can do this by navigating to About Unity (Unity>About Unity on OSX or Help>About Unity on Win), selecting inside the popup window, and hitting the alt key. It should show your version something like this: Version 5.5.0f3 (38b4efef76f0).

Second could you please:
    - launch Unity using the command line argument -enableCollabEventLogs (How to here)
    - open your project
    - dismiss the warning
    - publish any changes (you should have the ProjectVersion.txt in the change list)
    - exit Unity
    - launch Unity again
    - and then Help>Report A Bug.

Ping me back your case number when you get it and we'll have a look at your editor.logs to see what is going on :)

Thank you so much!