Search Unity

Constant Technical Issues

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by AnnekueSozoteki, Feb 12, 2019.

1. AnnekueSozoteki

AnnekueSozoteki

Every time I've installed Unity, something weird happens to my PC.

On my old PC, it would cause severe lagging on Windows 10, to the point that the taskbar icons would not highlight themselves when hovered my cursor over them. I had to restart in Safe Mode. I uninstalled Unity out of curiosity, and it fixed the problem. I simply wrote it off as my low-end PC not being able to handle the program.

I've got a much newer PC now, so I installed Unity. Once I restarted my PC at the end of the installation, my headphone jack stopped working. After messing with countless audio settings, I restarted my PC in Safe Mode to uninstall Unity again. My headphone jack works again. I think Unity was causing some issues with my Realtek Audio - just by being installed.

I really want to use Unity, but as it stands, it causes far more trouble than it's worth. Please help me gain some insight into these issues.

UPDATE: Turns out my headphone jack was just glitchy to begin with. I tried using Unity Hub instead, and it works just fine. Thanks Antypodish, other versions were a better idea for my projects either way.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  2. Antypodish

Antypodish

Try different versions of unity, to see if issue is persistent.

3. AnnekueSozoteki

AnnekueSozoteki

Any suggestions on which version I should try?

4. mgear

mgear

could also check if anything interesting in the Windows event viewer, maybe it shows some errors related to audio.

5. Antypodish

Antypodish

Any, latest stable, betas, 2018.3... 2019,
    Don't know which version you are using.