Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Constant Stability Issues - How Reliable is Collaborate?

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by LucasRizzotto, Sep 6, 2018.

?

How Reliable is Collaborate, in your experience?

1. Flawless! Always works like I expect it to

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Good. Some occasional issues, but doesn't interfere with my project too much

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Poor. Issues outstay their welcome and get in the way of my project

83.3%
  4. Awful. I can't work with Collab at all

16.7%
  1. LucasRizzotto

LucasRizzotto

I've been building a new project from the ground up with Unity Collab and it's been way more unstable than I could ever anticipate for a paid service. Some of the errors I've encountered in the last week are as follows (they all come up randomly and have no discernible pattern to them):

- Unity Collab will get stuck on 100% while Uploading and become unresponsive
    - Unity Collab will try to start uploading, fail immediately and say there's an unknown error.
    - Hovering over the Collab button will tell you that there are updates you need to download/upload, but clicking on the tab says the project is up-to-date
    - Clicking on Collab button can lead to a blank Collab screen
    - Collab will stop unity and "Check for changes" every time I alt tab out of Unity

To fix all of these I have to restart the service, restart Unity, restart my PC or delete project Collab files.

I wanted to understand if I'm some sort of weird exception to the rule or if Collab has a real reliability issue right now for serious projects.