Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Constant crashes with Fatal callback Error!

Discussion in '2017.1 Beta' started by SpookyCat, Apr 26, 2017.

1. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Testing out Unity 2017b1 but virtually impossible to use for more than a few minutes at a time as it will always crash out with a Fatal Error, Callback Registration Failed. Increase kMaxCallback. I see this problem was also present in Unity 5.6 betas, is there a fix or a workaround for this?

2. Daniel_Brauer

Daniel_Brauer

Unity Technologies

Can I get you to file a bug, ideally with a stack trace from the crash?

3. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

su1935 likes this.
  4. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Please submit a report. If an issue is not reproducible and no one else files a report about it, QA closes the case.

5. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Finally got around to this. Submitted a bug report but the crash does not trigger the normal Unity crash dialog and no stack trace is made, the editor log file contains no info as well.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  6. bwheatley

bwheatley

Yea I've been having issues with crashes as well since b6-b7. But I'm trying to pin down if it's stuff I'm doing with onSceneGUIDelegate that might be naughty touching and causing issues of stability.
    private void OnEnable() {
    SceneView.onSceneGUIDelegate += SceneGUI; //Subscribe to sceneview so we can watch scene stuff from the editor

7. bwheatley

bwheatley

Actually NM i traced the errors back to the new sprite packer.
    Packing sprites:
    [ 3139 MB ]- Skipping packing - Sprite Packer (Legacy) is off.
    [ 3139 MB ]System memory in use before: 2.56 GB.
    Assertion failed on expression: 'state.originalObjectCount == (int)Object::GetLoadedObjectCount()'

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Misc/GarbageCollectSharedAssets.cpp Line: 1235)

UnloadUnusedAssets incorrect caused some assets to load. This can easily cause deadlocks or crashes.

When i disabled the sprite packer (edit: New sprite packer, not legacy) my 2 errors that seemed to happen before a crash have stopped. I'll keep an eye on it.

8. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi bwheatley,
    Could you please file a bug report with the relevant data attached? A reproduction case would be great as well.

9. bwheatley

bwheatley

Aye aye,
    I have a crash report i sent in, and I have a "general" this is what will eventually crash the editor but nothing I can reproduction on absolute demand. It's pretty much after X# of random plays of the scene it will CTD. But i'll work on a bug report to see if I can help. <3

Edit: didn't realize I had already opened the bug with the crash editor case#912829
    And also confirmed I can get my mac client to crash as well as my windows client.
    edit2: I'm running the .net experimental version too, i'll test with that off to see if it makes the issue go away.
    edit3: Looks like I've been able to accurately repro, when using the new sprite packer & a custom editor window that leverages (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/89041) - will keep testing. Sorry if i'm spamming, just trying to help. :)

LeonhardP likes this.
  10. bwheatley

bwheatley

case#912829 Update: Apparently it was a bug and was fixed. That feels awesome to help!

LeonhardP likes this.
  11. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Brilliant, I submit the bug, and get an email saying it is a duplicate of a bug Unity has already closed as not reproducible so no action to be taken, kinda wonder what the point of submitting a bug is when it is just ignored, guess Unity 2017 is a version I wont be able to use.

archmagus likes this.
  12. jdscogin

jdscogin

I get the same error when working with animations. But I do have to instances open. I will close one and see if it happens again.

13. fogsight

fogsight

I had it in Unity 2017.1.0f1, since then reinstalled windows 10 (unrelated), and now Unity 2017.1.0f2 keeps crashing with the same error. It's pretty random, usually after 30 min of work, during play mode, using just one Unity instance.