Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Console no longer highlights script with error... bug or designed to be like that?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by drsalvation, Apr 3, 2022.

1. drsalvation

drsalvation

Since I upgraded unity to 2021.2.3, (from a 2020 version, forgot which one exactly) dealing with errors on my code has been just slightly (I emphasize the slightly) tedious.
    In old versions, clicking on the error on the console would automatically navigate and highlight the script that contains the error in the project view. This no longer happens, clicking on it only highlights it on the console, but that's about it.
    The problem is that I'm importing packages that include scripts with same names as the ones I already created (like flashlight). So there's ambiguity and all I need to do is delete either script.

It's not a big deal, but I don't know if that was designed in newer versions to stop navigating to the script or if it's just a bug (but since it happens in multiple fresh projects, I'm going with design).

Naturally, searches won't give any answers to a specific "problem" like this one, so I'm wondering if there's at least a way to re-enable that functionality?
    And if not, is there a reason why it was removed from newer versions of Unity?