Search Unity

console log

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by walker, Mar 17, 2008.

1. walker

walker

hi!

is it possible to deactivate "write to console.log" (maybe a flag in unity_preferences) 1 gb unity_log_file is somewhat oversized
    note: i dont switch off the computer, i set to sleep_mode when im not working

2. kulman

kulman

Yeah, I do have the same question about the log files. Just checked the size and it more that 1 gig! For me as the developer logging is nice source of info, but what about the players who does not care?

Game sends alot RPC calls and they are all logged there, I guess thats why the web-player version runs much slower than a simple win-app build.

3. Adrian

Adrian

What happens if you choose "Strip Debug Symbols" in the Build Settings?

Otherwise you could create a simple class to replace Unity's Debug. Something like:
    Code (csharp):
    1. class Debug2 {
    2.     public var debugEnabled = true;
    4.     public function Log (message) {
    5.         if (debugEnabled) {
    6.             Debug.Log(message);
    7.     }
    8. }
    That should work nicely and you could add different message types to selectively log some messages that might help bug tracking.

4. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

That has nothing to do with logging...debug symbols are what you use with Shark to do profiling.

--Eric

5. kulman

kulman

But the strange thing is that web-player logs all RPC calls automatically. For example in our game host receives and sends huge amount of RPC calls - the log file becomes enormously big and the host start to lag alot.

Is there any way to disable that kind of logging?

6. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

You can set debug logging in the Project -> Network Settings.