Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Scripting Console double click fails to open Monodevelop on Mac

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by Livealot, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Livealot

Livealot

Are there specific steps to get MonoDevelop working on a Mac for the beta?

The Console is showing the stack trace correctly, but double clicking a line does nothing.

Unity Preferences >> External Tools >> External Script Editor is set to Monodevelop(Built-In) by default and all the boxes are checked.

I upgraded to the beta from the latest release of 5.3 and tried a separate install of 5.4 beta. Neither worked. If I switch back to 5.3, Monodevelop behaves correctly.

Searching this problem off the forums only comes up with ideas for Linux installations.

I can't imagine that Mono in the Beta doesn't work on Mac, so I'm guessing I missed something during the install/setup process or instructions.

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

I filed a bug for this with print() exhibiting this behavior. Should be fixed for the 5.4 release. I didn't notice it with any other functions.

3. Livealot

Livealot

Ugggh. I wish I was a Debug.Log devotee instead of a Print slacker.

I can confirm that UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object) works the same as always but that UnityEngine.Monobehaviour:print(Object) is the dead end in my project when that is clicked in the Console.