Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.1 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for feedback on the experimental Unity Safe Mode which is aiming to help you resolve compilation errors faster during project startup.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Console crash when clicking on stacktrace with logging set to "ScriptOnly"

Discussion in '2019.1 Beta' started by turdann, Jan 31, 2019.

1. turdann

turdann

Hello,

After downloading 2019.1.a13 something weird started to happen. I'm not sure if this is only happening to me, but since I see no other reports I'm not really sure.

Most of the times, when I click on a log in the console, it just goes blank and many errors start to appear UNTIL I press the "show errors" button in the console (even it they were originally showing...), as you can see here.

upload_2019-1-31_11-59-3.png

AFAIK, the GUI Error is related to this like Horizontal Layouts, Areas, Groups, etc, not being closed, but since it only happens after clicking on the log in the console.. I'm starting to think this might be Unity related, since I can't see any info on where it's happening besides this stack trace I posted.

Anyone is having similar issues, or is it just me?

Attached Files:

2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Does this happen in b1 as well? If so, please submit a bug report with a minimal reproduction project and reply in here with the issue ID.

3. turdann

turdann

It does.
    Haven't tried to do it on an isolated project, though. That's why I was asking.
    This project is pretty big (nearly 25gb) and we've gone through 5.4->2018->2019.

I'll test it on a new project to see if it's replicable.

4. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

unityunity