Search Unity

Consistent problems uploading images

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by alanmthomas, Nov 20, 2018.

1. alanmthomas

alanmthomas

I'm taking part in the 2D challenge and have been running into issues whenever I attempt to upload an animated gif. I will usually have to try uploading it 3 or 4 times before it actually takes. When I am in edit mode, everything seems fine. But once I post my update and come back to the page, the gifs aren't there.

Are there some requirements or restrictions on gifs? Most of mine are small (at most in the 2Mb range).

Thanks!

2. mayue42

mayue42

Unity Technologies

hi,
    Do you mean the gifs in this project ?
    But I can see the gifs in this project, and they looks normal.
    There may be a network problem. If you encounter this problem again, you can try to refresh the page.

3. alanmthomas

alanmthomas

That's the project. And you can see the gifs, but I've had to go in, edit, and re upload images multiple times. Eventually, they take. I'm just wondering if there is something I can do so that I only need to upload them once.

4. alanmthomas

alanmthomas

I am in fact running into the issue right now. I'm posting an update and for some reason, a gif just won't upload. Refreshing does nothing. It appears in the editor view but the image is broken in the non editor view of the project.

5. markp-unity

markp-unity

Hey all - we'll take a look and see if there is anything we can do on our side!

6. mayue42

mayue42

Unity Technologies

I could see you upload some files like "rocker2.gif" multiple times.
    But I have tried to upload the same file many times, and still can't reproduce this bug.
    Could you provide us some more information?
    Which browser and which version you are using?
    ScreenShots of the problem page include the whole browser will be much appreciated.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  7. alanmthomas

alanmthomas

I'm using Safari Version 12.0 (12606.2.11) on a MacBook Pro. I'll put together screens later. In the meantime, I've resorted to embedding videos which doesn't seem to cause any issues at all.

8. alanmthomas

alanmthomas

I switched over to Chrome for editing and everything works flawlessly. I guess that means it is a Safari issue. Oh boy.