Search Unity

Considering the high volume of CBD spam, it might be time to add that word to the spam filter

Discussion in 'Meta-forum Discussion' started by MadeFromPolygons, Feb 18, 2021.

1. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

As the title says, more and more CBD spam by the day and its set to increase as the drug increases in popularity. I believe adding CBD to the spam filter would not harm anyone as how often will cbd as an isolated word on its own (not part of a word) come up in regular game dev conversations that are relevant to the forums?

I know from the past its not always as simple as this and perhaps CBD already is in the filter, but then that begs the question of how titles like "joyce meyer cbd" get through the filter at all?

Or if blanket banning that word is not an option, is there a way to have it detect that word and if so, remove all hyperlinks from the post? At least then there is minimized risks to users here, even if the post gets through.

Bringing this up because the example post I mentioned had a ton of live links in it and as of right now is still up.

2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi @MadeFromPolygons,

We added the word any common variations of it to the filter.

MadeFromPolygons likes this.
  3. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Perfect, thanks very much :)

LeonhardP likes this.