Search Unity

Connection Failed

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by impla007, Sep 19, 2010.

1. impla007

impla007

Hi there,
    Certainly noob questions that have been answered before... I try to search but not succeed...

After a Long Long try to solve this problem, I post here.... :(

I am trying a simple network test using the network tutorial scripts on Unity3 RC1.

I have not specify any master server address, so I think it goes to the standard unity MS.

On a first computer, I create a server. I can connect to the master server and the server is connected fine. So my guess is that the Unity master server is up.
    Except this message
    Code (csharp):
    1. Error in test routine : Got Limited Nat Punchthrough Symetrics
    On a second computer, (over the internet) I can see the server .

I have also this message
    Code (csharp):
    1. Error in test routine : Got Limited Nat Punchthrough Symetrics
    Now, when on the second computer I try to connect I got a connection Failed.
    Code (csharp):
    1. The connection request to XX.XX.XX.XX:38721 failed. Are you sure the server can be connected to?
    I have to say that on LAN, it is working perfectly.

Several questions
    1) How to get things working and to be able to connect to the server ?
    2) Is the NAT punchtrough error messages importants ?
    3) In the editor I got a lot of warnings related to obsolete useNAT
    Code (csharp):
    1. Assets/Networking Scripts/ConnectGuiMasterServer.js(271,25): BCW0012: WARNING: 'UnityEngine.Network.InitializeServer(int, int)' is obsolete. Use the IntializeServer(connections, listenPort, useNat) function instead
    Do I have to fix these warnings
    4) About the connection failed, on the client side I do not understand why it is trying to access to a port (38721) I have not specified ?
    In the masterserver script, I have specified serverPort = 25002 ?

Thank for any help to guide me to have this client connected..I will be realy appreciated.... :)
    And sorry for my bad english, as I post from over seas....

2. andeeeee

andeeeee

The InitializeServer function has changed since Unity 2.6. The version that has just the two int parameters is deprecated and you now need to specify a third boolean parameter. This specifies whether or not you want to accept connections with NAT punchthrough. (Compare the Unity 2.x and 3.0 doc pages for InitializeServer in you are in any doubt about this.) If you get this error fixed first, it should help clarify what is going wrong.