Search Unity

Connecting Unity Transport (using Unity Relay) with Mirror

Discussion in 'Unity Transport' started by rodrigo_unity487, Sep 6, 2022.

1. rodrigo_unity487

rodrigo_unity487

Hi!

My team and I are trying to use Unity Relay service, which uses Unity Transport, with Mirror.

Relay integration (unity.com)
    Acording to this documentation this is supported. The doc tells you to read and use the sample described in this doc:
    Unity Mirror Sample: UTP Transport for Mirror - Documentos de Google

However, I cannot find the sample this doc is referring to anywhere. And when I try to install com.unity.transport@1.0.0-pre10 the package manager hangs. Was this sample removed from Unity Transport? If so why? Where can I find a sample of connecting the Unity Relay with Mirror? Is this still supported?

2. gladys_khk

gladys_khk

Unity Technologies

Hi rodrigo_unity487, this is Gladys, Product Manager on the Unity Multiplayer Suite team. Thank you for your interest in our Relay service.

We intend to release Mirror Netcode support around the end of this year. The sample documentation you've discovered was not meant to be published yet! We will update the documentation with working links once the feature is actually available.

Please stay tuned for details - we will also share more about this feature on this forum.

rodrigo_unity487 likes this.
  3. rodrigo_unity487

rodrigo_unity487

Thanks for clarifying that Gladys!

In that case, we will try to create our own bridge between Mirror and the Relay/Unity Transport implementation.

4. marcobethkeskyered

marcobethkeskyered

Hi I am also interested to know the status if possible on the Relay Service for Mirror

5. simon-lemay-unity

simon-lemay-unity

Unity Technologies