Search Unity

Connecting Multiple Animation Transitions?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by shaanig01, Oct 16, 2018.

1. shaanig01

shaanig01

How can I have a character with multiple animation transitions? I have a char with 5 animations, a idle with no weapon, and a idle with a weapon hold animation and same for a move animation without weapon and with one. Also a weapon fire animation.

How can I connect all these? if I'm adding more animation I have to connect every animation with different conds? it seems kinda impossible.

https://imgur.com/a/7ZPVsq1 // couldn't add the image using the icon for some reason

P.S: I'm updating to a new version, hopefully this save would load after done.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  2. Kybernetik

Kybernetik

Yes, if you want to create transitions based on a parameter you need to make a new one for each from/to pair.

And yes, it does get very tedious. That's one of the main reasons why I made Animancer which lets your scripts control everything freely without needing you to set anything up in the editor beforehand.

shaanig01 likes this.
  3. shaanig01

shaanig01

thanks I will look into this, but I still prefer the default way, I'm still kinda learning.
    EDIT:

looks like I have been none stop watching tutorials that have been showing the same thing. This video helped me:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018