Search Unity

Third Party Connect two separate unity projects each other with Mirror

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by yuemco, Oct 6, 2021.

1. yuemco

yuemco

Hi everyone,

I need to develop a system that has to have one server and multiple clients. So I decided to use Mirror because it is an open-source project. I've watched videos from YouTube and read some docs and forums. Generally, people have used the same application as a server and client. What I need to do is that I need a separate server and I need to put my heavy features into the server but clients only have some prefabs and UI stuff. When I checked the Asset ID of the prefabs both server and client have different asset IDs from each other. I assume for that reason I cannot spawn any gameobject at the same time in client and server.

Q1: Is it possible to use different unity projects as client and server? Or Should I have the same project for the client and server?

Q2: How can I spawn the same gameobject located in both server and client using two different unity projects?

Btw all prefabs have network identity and network transform.

Thanks.

2. antnasce

antnasce

Did you ever come up with a solution to this @yuemco ?

3. Hololens_12

Hololens_12

Hey @antnasce,

I am also interestet on the question but so far I solved some of the problems like Q2. You can spawn the gameobjects by copy and paste the guid in the .meta file. I can connect from one app to the server of the other app but when i try to send a message or to send a command to the server I've got an error. The error says: "This can happen if no handler was registered for this message". But I already did it.

I guess it is something with the [Command] that I send to the server of the other application but I don't how to fix the issue.