Search Unity

Third Party Connect to Mirror Network server on Android device from Unity Editor

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Sylvanas, May 15, 2023.

1. Sylvanas

Sylvanas

My basic idea is to develop a RPC service to query some runtime information or pull log file from my app for debugging purpose. I resort to Mirror to establish the connection between the Android device and Unity editor window. It works well on my PC where I run the server in Unity and connect to it from editor window. But when I install it on the android device and try to connect to it with specifying the ip address of my phone, it failes to connect. I was assuming if there was some firewall type thing which interferes the connection, anybody can cast some light on it?

2. Sylvanas

Sylvanas

It turned out to be that I didn't initialise the NetworkManager from Editor Window.

3. aasim573mohd

aasim573mohd

please explain a bit brother ,my standalone and android build dont have a connection in common

4. LazuliteJaffer

LazuliteJaffer

Hi, I would like to make an application like Teamviewer Assist Ar. May I get some details on architecture of the application. AR work has been done, just want information on networking