Search Unity

Connect the edges somehow?

Discussion in 'World Building' started by heromade, Oct 7, 2019.

1. heromade

heromade

Hey,

I am using a shader to transform the vertice positions. Now as you can see in the image on the left side when I create a normal Sphere or Cube with Pro Builder and apply the shader to it the edges are not connected to each other.
    If I use a normal Unity Sphere it works perfectly, if I use a normal Unity cube it has the same problem. But I need the Pro Builder tool for defining the amount of faces anyway, so that does not matter.

Unbenannt-1.jpg

When I use the smoothing tool from Pro Builder (Shown on the right side of the image) it somehow connects the vertice normals to one and the shader is applied correctly, but I don't want the sphere to be smoothed. I just want the edges connected and keep the "flat low poly" style.

Now does anyone have a clue how to connect the edges/vertice normals or whatever I have to do to make this work?

2. heromade

heromade

No one got an idea?

3. ron-bohn

ron-bohn

Have you tried "weld vertices" ?

4. heromade

heromade

I just tried that but it is not working either :/

5. ron-bohn

ron-bohn

I just read your first comment again. Same thing happened with a cube? I've never seen that before. May I ask what version of unity you are using? I can try to recreate what you're seeing.

6. Olmi

Olmi

7. mgear

mgear

8. heromade

heromade

2019.1.0f2

You can see what happens with a cube in the link from post #7

Tried to use a flat shader (The Sub Shader Graph that is given in one of your links), but it's not working.

My shader graph looks as follows:

Unbenannt.PNG

Now I am not sure what to change. I understand that it uses the vertice normals, but the main problem is that the pro builder sphere/cube does not connect them unless I use the smoothing.