Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions by the end of July. Read our announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Connect Fix

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by WhendricSo, Feb 5, 2018.

1. WhendricSo

WhendricSo

I have an easy idea to fix Connect:

How about an inverse chronological list of "gig" threads, where someone can post a title for a gig, short description, and then post again later with an update, or edit the original. And, when someone does so, the gig is bumped automatically to the lop of the list.

Also, this should be on the main front page of the site, and require two steps or less to post.

This will allow us to respond quickly to new gigs, get small or medium sized jobs easily, encourage more gigs to be posted, and ensure the gigs are time-relevant.

2. MaciejKrzykwa

MaciejKrzykwa

You realize what you've just described? ;)
    It is the greatest idea of all because it is well tested one. It is called the job forum :)

But Connect is not a site for finding small to medium sized gigs. I don't know why it has not been admitted by Unity yet. It is a site for growing and maintaining a community of game developers and a site for connecting beginners with eployers offering full-time jobs. And it seems to have potential to be good at it.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    HolBol likes this.
  3. WhendricSo

WhendricSo

I'm not actually asking to bring the job forum back, that would split the jobs between multiple places which I suspect is why it was removed in the first place.

Current workflow:
    1. Register for the site
    2. Connect profile
    3. Project pages
    4. Set up a full job offering
    5. Images of various sizes
    6. Links
    7. Team
    8. Other miscellaneous copy
    9. Contact clients or contractors directly
    This is way too much work for someone to post, which severely reduces the quantity and quality of available contracts.

Proposed workflow:
    1. Register for the site
    2. View the feed
    3. Optionally post a job or seeking blurb
    4. Contact clients or contractors directly
    This wouldn't need to replace the existing site, but it should replace the "hottest" facebook-style wall as the default view so that people can log on, take a quick look, maybe contact someone, and log off.