Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Connect android emulator to unity

Discussion in 'Android' started by Tieco, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Tieco

Tieco

Hello guys, i'm developing a game in Unity for Android devices.
    Since I have problems to make work my phone in USB debug I would like to understand how to connect an emulator like Nox to Unity.
    I mean, how can I run my game directly on the emulator? I dont want to transfer the APK, i want to debug it, or at least have the possibility to log something somewhere.
    I have also tried to use android sdk tool but ADB cant detect my Nox emulator.
    Thanks!

2. Nowlz

Nowlz

What issues were you having trying to connect your phone to Monodevelop using ADB?

Did you follow the steps in the Manual?

3. Tieco

Tieco

I would like to follow it, if only my pc detects my android USB devices... most of the time it doesn't work and I absolutely need a solid environment to test my games so I tought to use an emulator..

4. Nameelee

Nameelee

Same problem here. I would like to test in my AVD (Android Virtual Driver). Unity detects AVD but whenever I try to build my game with AVD, it says "emulator-5554[Android SDK built for x86].Try reconnect USB cable".

Hmm, what cable?

5. aleksandrk

aleksandrk

Unity Technologies

Hi!
    Unity doesn't officially support any Android emulators.

BelivGames and Nameelee like this.
  6. Nameelee

Nameelee

Thank you for information. I didn't know that. Now I can give up Android Emulator and move on (to device test directly).

7. xemega

xemega

download android studio, launch emulator , build apk from unity and drag and drop it into the emulator

8. T0UCHM3

T0UCHM3

Well, you CAN do it, I'm using LDPlayer as an emulator (it's really fast), with unity 2019.3, do some researching and will get it to work like a normal phone or even better, you can also use it for debugging and with remote5

9. Ghost_Interactive

Ghost_Interactive

hi all, wanted to ask is there any way to detect is unity game running on emulator.

10. ametemre

ametemre

if i can find a way to recognise unity; my android emulator, from the usb port. they should have alistener over there...