Search Unity

Confusion on need to remove listener after adding it...do I need to remove them ever?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Unlimited_Energy, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Unlimited_Energy

Unlimited_Energy

Hi, so I'm new with events and callbacks. I'm trying to figure out when a listener needs to be removed. Do I ever need to remove a listener from a UI object, GameObject?

2. fire7side

fire7side

3. Unlimited_Energy

Unlimited_Energy

thanks fire7side. Im having trouble with when to unsubscribe. Like a point based system, wont it always be subscribed, waiting for an event to fire? when would you unsubscribe? as long as the object is enabled and waiting for an event to fire should it be subscribed, then only if destroyed or disabled should it unsubscribe? I guess that is my biggest question. I read the post but im lacking something that specifically explains what circumstances general will require a unsubscribe, like disabled objects should never be subscribed?

4. Unlimited_Energy

Unlimited_Energy

anyone know when I would need to unsubscribe and when to keep subscribed? like if an object is destroyed or disabled unsubscribe/remove listener, if object is enabled then keep subscribed to listener?