Search Unity

Confusion: Game ID

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by rikkir, Jun 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rikkir

rikkir

Hi there,
    I have a project, under one Unity account. However, I have switched it to another account. As such, I would think I would need the Game ID, to match this new account.

My question is, when I open Unity Services, Ads, Settings, iOS Game ID, it is in the format of a 7 digit number, ex. 1234567.

I wanted to double check that this was correct. So I thought I could find a corresponding value, in the Unity Services, Account, Project Page. However, when I log in, the UPID is all I can see and it has much different format, so I am thinking these numbers do not correspond.

Is the value set in the Editor, Services Tab, all I need, and just leave it alone?

2. elora_k

elora_k

Hi,

The project ID (UPID) is different than the gameId. You are correct that the gameId is the 5-7 digit number in your Services Window that you need to enter for Ads.

Once that number is set, and you have the code set up to show ads, you should be able to start seeing ads on your device!

3. rikkir

rikkir

Right,
    So the thing is, that the slot for Game ID, in the Services, Ads, Game ID slot, was/is filled, with a number matching the required sequence (5-7) digit number. I am unsure that this number is anything useful. So, where I am confused is, does the editor Services, simply provide the number, or am I to retrieve it from somewhere?

Thanks

4. elora_k

elora_k

Hi,

I see, thanks for explaining. The gameIds are generated either through the dashboard or the Services Window, depending on how you set up your project.

I would just double check that the numbers entered in the Services Window match the ones for your project on your Unity Ads dashboard. If you select your project there, you will see the gameIds listed on the Platforms tab. If these match what's in the Services Window, you're good to go! If not, update the values in the Services Window and you're all set!

petersompms likes this.
  5. rikkir

rikkir

Thank you.

I was looking under Analytics!!!!!! DUUUUHHHH.

Thank you again.

6. rikkir

rikkir

Edit:
    Duh again, I see I had to actually add in my project to that file. I thought it was the default added in, as the one title there was this projects old title.

Cheers

-----
    @elora_k
    Hi, sorry to bother you once more, thing is, when I open Unity Services, MyAccount, MyProject ("Mega Hops"), UnityAds, Project Platforms.... the title of My Project ("Mega Hops") is ("Super Race") under the the Projects Platforms.

So when I click, the project title, is somehow different from the main page.

WHY??
    Thanks

7. elora_k

elora_k

@rikkir can you write in to us by clicking the "Contact Support" button at the bottom of the Ads Dashboard? If you include screenshots of what you're seeing, it would really help us understand what is going on with your project. I don't want you sharing private details on here :) Thanks!

8. rikkir

rikkir

No, no problem. Problem solved.
    Thank you.

9. vsp01996

vsp01996

Where I search for my gameID

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.