Search Unity

Resolved Confusion about the services window and IAP/Legacy Analytics

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by alebro_w, Nov 14, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alebro_w

alebro_w

Hello,

I'm still a bit confused about what to do with IAP and Legacy Analytics in the services window. After some testing, if I understand the https://forum.unity.com/threads/faq-for-iap-4-2-and-adoption-of-ugs-analytics.1327011/ infographic then I would be able to disable Legacy Analytics and still have IAP functioning properly. But whenever I disable Legacy Analytics the IAP is also disabled in the services window. Likewise, if I try to enable the IAP then Legacy Analytics is enabled as well.

How do I proceed with getting things right? Will IAP work without being enabled in the services window?
    Am I right to assume that in order to completely drop Legacy Analytics from our project we would need to disable that through the services window as well, and not just remove the obsolete package itself?

Thanks in advance

2. Yannick_D

Yannick_D

Unity Technologies

Hello,

If you want to disable Legacy Analytics, you will have to update your Unity Editor version in order to be able to disable it via the Services window. Since this was introduced in the editor at the same time as IAP 4.2.0, you will want an editor version at least newer than that release. I would suggest an editor version from at least July 2022 to be sure the change is included.

With the updated editor, you will be warned that this will permanently disable Legacy Analytics (new adoption is no longer possible). Once you opt out, this will remove Legacy Analytics from your project.

You are correct, it has to be disabled. The package itself isn't obsolete yet and won't be removable from the Package Manager.

3. alebro_w

alebro_w

Ah I see! Thank you for the quick respone - that clears things up a bit. I'll see if I can update the project to a more recent version and try again from there!

4. Arnaud_Gorain

Arnaud_Gorain

Unity Technologies

This thread is now closed. Feel free to reach out via a new thread if you encounter further issue.
    Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.