Search Unity

Confusing Installation Instructions For Windows

Discussion in 'ML-Agents' started by superjayman, Feb 7, 2020.

1. superjayman

superjayman

Can someone outline the exact steps to do a fresh install ml-agents for windows (Everything required to get the ml-agents project running)?

The documentation says '
    Installing ML-Agents Toolkit for Windows (Deprecated)'

but in this threat https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/ml-agents/issues/3208 it's saying we should follow the deprecated instructions? Also, do we still have to install Tensorflow Sharp? How about anaconda?

If windows install method page is useless , how about install instructions for GPU accelerated requiremets?

Clarify The Steps, to clean up the confusion. STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTION PLEASE..

2. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Hello @superjayman - have you attempted to install the toolkit yet and encountered any issues?

3. caioc2

caioc2

Simplest way of doing it is:
    1. Install anaconda
    2. Install ml-agents
    3. run
      conda install -c anaconda tensorflow-gpu
      , it will install everything needed to run with GPU

To install ML-Agents
    "From the repo's main directory, now run:"
    Code (csharp):
    1. cd ml-agents-envs
    2. pip install -e .
    3. cd ..
    4. cd ml-agents
    5. pip install -e .

4. harpj

harpj

Unity Technologies

Hi @superjayman -- the installation guide is meant to be for Windows, Mac, and Linux. The intent of this guide is that you set up a virtual environment within which you install ML-Agents. The only requirements for these setup instructions are python / pip and git.

Using the latest versions of Tensorflow, if you have an NVIDIA CUDA-enabled GPU and have CUDA installed there are no additional steps required. At this time we don't have a guide for setting up CUDA.

5. superjayman

superjayman

It would be great if in the future Python dependency can be removed! all together.

6. asa989

asa989

I am using win10 and py3.7. when i run pip3 install mlagents i get "the term 'pip3' is not recognized"! when i type py then python runs without any problem. can someone plz tell me why im getting error for pip3 install mlagents?