Search Unity

Confusing changes to examination names, lack of exam availability

Discussion in 'Unity Certification' started by jarlemag, Dec 17, 2020.

1. jarlemag

jarlemag

I just started looking into the possibility of getting a Unity Certified User certification, but I find the information about the various certifications, and the apparent availability of examinations, a bit disappointing.

Firstly, I note that there seems to have been several changes to the naming of certifications, with the "user" and "associate" levels apparently added recently. What was previously called "Certified Programmer" now seems to be equivalent to the current "Certified Professional Programmer", but I couldn't find an overview of what certifications have been available when, and how they relate to each other, on the Unity website. This makes it harder to understand which information previously released or discussed is applicable to each of the current certifications, if any.

Also, there appears to be a severe lack of available exam locations/providers, especially in Europe. Unity would do well to make the process of purchasing and going through an examination much easier and user-friendly.

2. TimBur

TimBur

At this time, I think that most Unity exams are available to take remotely, at your home or your workplace. Depending on your home/office setup, that may or may not be helpful. Last week, I purchased a Professional Programmer exam, and will be taking it at home next Thursday, on my home laptop. A remote human will monitor my test taking, watching my camera and listening to my microphone, to verify that I'm taking the test honestly. I didn't look in test center options, as this was far more convenient (and safer).

Dandervill likes this.