Search Unity

1. Check out the Unite LA keynote for updates on the Visual Effect Editor, the FPS Sample, ECS, Unity for Film and more! Watch it now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Confused about bug placement, sorry

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by orbitormills, Jun 13, 2018.

1. orbitormills

orbitormills

I am currently experiencing a bug in the Unity Engine that is kind of messing with me and my productivity. I am supposed to be working on a simple game for my final project, but I have been unable to work due to bugs that keep coming up in the engine itself, the scene just going black randomly, and other ones.
    I have been able to fix the others, but I am having a problem with this one, none of the text on the GUI of the Unity Engine itself is coming up, such as the scene and window at the top of the bar as well as adding objects. If there is a way to get this done as fast as possible I would like to know, I have already had to rebuild my game twice because of this and I can't find a workaround. Hopefully, my teacher will understand if there is no solution and I am unable to produce a product for him.
    Thank you, any advice is very much appreciated!

2. Antony-Blackett

Antony-Blackett

Post some screenshots so people have a better idea of what you're talking about.

I think I know what bug you are talking about unfortunately I don't know a fix for it. I believe it appeared on windows in Unity 5.6 and is pretty rare and only appeared on later direct X versions, unfortunately Unity has removed the ability to launch Unity in DX 9 mode.