Search Unity

Conflict Package Terrain Tools / Terrain Tools Sample Asset Pack

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by Olivier-40, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Olivier-40

Olivier-40

Hello,

I would like to use the "Terrain Tools" Package associated with the "Terrain Tools Sample Asset Pack" asset.
    The Terrain Tools Package alone seems to work fine, but as soon as I install the Terrain Tools Sample Asset Pack Asset.
    I get this warning:
    Asset file 'Packages/com.unity.terrain-tools/Shaders/NoiseLib/Fbm.meta' and meta file 'Packages/com.unity.terrain-tools/Shaders/NoiseLib/FBM.meta' has inconsistent casing.
    Renaming meta file succeded.

And these 2 error messages:
    GUID [e6a43a853da7b7c45ba2acce49dda5cb] for asset 'Packages/com.unity.terrain-tools/Shaders/NoiseLib/Fbm' conflicts with:
    'Packages/com.unity.terrain-tools/Shaders/NoiseLib/Fbm' (current owner)
    We can't assign a new GUID because the asset is in an immutable folder. The asset will be ignored.

An infinite import loop has been detected. The following Assets were imported multiple times, but no changes to them have been detected. Please check if any custom code is trying to import them:
    Packages/com.unity.terrain-tools/Shaders/NoiseFill.shader
    Assets/Terrain/Terrain_0_0_25f3d771-a35a-4fb1-bdac-e9cf6a50f396.asset
    Packages/com.unity.terrain-tools/Shaders/NoiseLib/Fbm
    Packages/com.unity.terrain-tools/Shaders/NoiseLib/Fbm

I uninstalled the Package and the Asset to reinstall them, with no effect. I tried to delete the affected files, ditto. I installed in a new blank project, same observation. I also installed the Asset alone which is not a problem, but I do not have the tools related to the Terrain Tools Package.

Have you already noticed this problem and is there a solution?
    Thanks for your help

rayleigh231 and VaporAnomaly like this.
  2. VaporAnomaly

VaporAnomaly

BUMP
    I am getting the exact same error
    Unity 2019.4.0f1, On Ubuntu Linux 20.04.

I am getting this error as soon as i install 'Terrain tools'. I havent even downloaded the Sample assets.

MadeFromPolygons likes this.
  3. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Same error 2019.4.1 on Windows 10.

VaporAnomaly likes this.
  4. ShirelJosef

ShirelJosef

I am getting the exact same error
    Tried multiple unity version 2019.4.1, 2018.3.15 , On Ubuntu Linux 18.04.

5. joshcamas

joshcamas

Yep, same for me. Not sure how Unity manages to make a sample not work with its own package :^)

6. Kaeltar

Kaeltar

Same is happening for a friend of mine under Linux Manjaru while i can work with it fine under Windows 10...

7. Ksurething

Ksurething

The problem seems to be that in case sensitive operating systems, the folder names FBM (as packaged) and Fbm (used in some scripts throughout) are not equal. Is there any chance this will get fixed?

The error corrupts the entire project, as the import cycle is repeated unsuccessfully 9 times and the assets are not usable. Need to reimport the whole thing... :(

8. Ramon-Molossi

Ramon-Molossi

Same erros here. Using Manjaro.

9. rayleigh231

rayleigh231

Got same error on Arch Linux for at least 5 month. I wrote a simple bash script to manually fix issue after every Unity startup. If someone going to use it, you need to change
    <full_path_to_your_project>
    in the
    path
    variable.

Attached Files:

10. B_Campbell

B_Campbell

Unity Technologies

Hello,
    Please submit a bug report so we can have it triaged and publicly tracked for others running into the same issue. It would be great if you could also share your project as well so we can reproduce the issue from the source. In the meantime we'll look into the issue.

Thanks for bringing this up to our attention!

11. Aykutkaraca

Aykutkaraca

I am having to same issue. I use DeepIn Linux and Unity 2019.3.6f1.

12. Aykutkaraca

Aykutkaraca

I filed a bug report but didnt attach any project as it isnt related to a project. You will get the error if you install Unity, add Terrain Tools package on a Linux machine.