Search Unity

Configuration Screen for Windows?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by taumel, Aug 25, 2005.

1. taumel

taumel

Hi,

i wanted to ask when could we expect the configuration screen for the windows version? *updated* And also that it's one file?

Greetings,

taumel

PS: By the way i do get very different results on my pc with a Radeon 9800PRO and on my mac with a 9200er.
    Also the physics take different routes...chaos theory...

Attached Files:

2. klindeman

klindeman

Does the 9200 not support shaders as well as the 9800 does? That would effect lighting a ton.

3. taumel

taumel

Hi,

hmm i thought most of the shaders should also run on a 9200er...and i have the feeling that mac is 16bit at least on my system. Both are running under graphic level 4.

You feel kinda blind when doing work on the mac and then watch it on pc... :O\

Greetings,

taumel

4. klindeman

klindeman

I have heard that the graphic settings on the right side do not do anything unless you hand code it in.

5. taumel

taumel

Hmmm...

Well one point is certainly a different gamma setup.
    But the other one looks if there isn't a shader(fallback) at all.
    It looks so pre-shader-hardwired to me.

Greetings,

taumel

6. PeterDahl

PeterDahl

While most shaders should work equally well for both Radeon 9200 and 9800, it is stil different codepaths. This screenshot suggest that something is wrong with one of them. Which shaders do you use ?
    If possible I would like a copy of that project, so I can sit down and take a closer look at it. You can email it to peter@otee.dk, then I will try to have a fix ready for the next update.

- Peter

7. NicholasFrancis

NicholasFrancis

Some of that is probably contributed to gamma correction.... Not all of it though....

8. taumel

taumel

@peter
    It's just a simple glossy shader...if you still want i can send you the project but then i would first have to throw out all the content which makes it huge.

@nicholas
    yep that's what i thought too.

Greetings,

taumel