Search Unity

Configuration & Logs pages on docker container wants username / password

Discussion in 'Unity Accelerator' started by jamiebrynes, Mar 30, 2020.

1. jamiebrynes

jamiebrynes

Hey there, I'm trying out the new Unity Accelerator docker image by running it on my Linux box in my home. It all seems to work, but the configuration and logs pages seem to want a username/password combination.

upload_2020-3-30_12-51-59.png

I didn't configure any username/password combo and this isn't documented at https://hub.docker.com/r/unitytechnologies/accelerator or https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UnityAccelerator.html

Any advice would be greatly helpful! I'm using version v1.0.272+gb7c26b9

P.S. - Open sourcing the Dockerfile would be really helpful if at all possible for you to do.

2. hiepu3d

hiepu3d

Unity Technologies

Hi @jamiebrynes , thank you for your feedback! We are aware that we haven't provided a way to set the password for Docker image and we are tracking this issue through [COL-1498]. For now, you can use the built-in tool to set your password by running the executable file inside the Docker container from the same directory as your unity-accelerator.cfg file is store (which should be at /agent):

unity-accelerator tool adminpw mysupersecretpassword 

As for Dockerfile, we do not have a plan to open source the file right now. However, from Docker Hub, you can still view the image history, for example, of the latest image here.

jamiebrynes likes this.
  3. jamiebrynes

jamiebrynes

Thanks @hiepu3d, that worked! I was able to
    docker exec
    into the container and set the password. :)

The next bit of feedback is that under default configuration, the log file cannot be found (and then pushed into the UI).

upload_2020-3-30_17-56-7.png

4. hiepu3d

hiepu3d

Unity Technologies