Search Unity

Configurable Joint Target Velocity doesn't work properly

Discussion in 'Physics' started by Petr-Sovis, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Petr-Sovis

Petr-Sovis

Hi,
    I have RBody (X,Z rotations locked), mass: 80

and then I have configurable joint attached to this body
    Local axis Z of object is first axis
    Local axis Y(and also global) is second axis
    Rotations free, X movement free with xDrive (velocity), Y movement, Z movement locked

now:
    I apply target velocity to object (for instance through x drive 5 for a while and then 0)
    I suppose object should stop immediately if maximal force is above force equivalent mass*velocity factor.
    If maximal force for the x drive is less - it should slip. this is exactly what I want to achieve (by pushing object and so on).

But it slides. (I have to say I used same approach (directly using PhysX 6dof joint) in commercial AAA game 2010 and it worked perfectly).

I observed, that maximal force above 1 has no additional effect on object (when it has mass 1). Changing mass doesn't change behavior as well.

Explanation - I have animation driven behavior I need to follow exactly but with force constraints.
    Should I use another approach to achieve this ? what ?

I have also I problem, object driven to the wall bounces a lot - it didn't happen in physx as well. Changing skin width improves it, but i dont want to change skin width globally and I don't see the option to change it only for 1 collider.

Thanks
    Petr