Search Unity

Configurable Joint angular limits gizmo

Discussion in 'Physics' started by XJonOneX, Mar 16, 2019.

1. XJonOneX

XJonOneX

I can't for the life of me get the gizmo to show up when I click Edit Joint Angular Limits on the Configurable Joint component. I'm using Unity 2018.3.8f1

It should look like this:

But I only get a black and orange arrow indicating the Axis and Secondary Axis. The only topic I found said to change the motion to limited and put in a min max limit to make it show up, but that doesn't work. :(

2. nimSony

nimSony

I've been having this issue since Unity2018, I'm currently on Unity 2019.1.7f1, the newest version as of writing this reply.
    I actually Uninstalled all my Unity installs and installed this version clean and I still have no Handle/Gizmos showing up when I select Edit Joint Angular Limits.
    I'm having trouble finding any information but I'm going to be putting this on the Bug Tracker if I don't find anything on it.

3. ifisch

ifisch

This was broken for me until I reset my Editor Layout to "Default". Then it finally started appearing. Incredibly frustrating!!

4. RunSwimFly

RunSwimFly

Thank you so much! I'd tried every other suggestion I'd read online and given up. I'd actually resorted to going to a back up project where the gizmo still appeared, visualising the changes I needed and then implementing them blind in my current project.

5. tcz8

tcz8

Thank you!

6. brasstko

brasstko

If you have been blessed by the forums, you must pay your respects

7. marcospgp

marcospgp

Weird that this is still happening. Is anyone at Unity aware of this?

8. Anti51

Anti51

I was wondering about the same thing in 2019.4.20. The answer was quite simple:
    You have to make sure to actually limit the axis for the handles to show up.
    Cheers!

marcospgp likes this.
  9. mikawendt

mikawendt

This is still an issue as of 2020.3.20
    My Handles shows in the character Joint but not in the Configurable Joints, But if I got to Default Layout the Handles Show

danliukuri likes this.
  10. Loopish

Loopish

Same problem, found this solution:

Attached Files:

KalyanKP likes this.