Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Condition Data Viewing?

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by lloydg, Jul 4, 2015.

1. lloydg

lloydg

I am new to Unity Analytics so I am not sure if I am missing anything but...

I have set up a Custom Event called LevelComplete.

It has a few values:
    -level number
    -level difficulty
    -moves taken to finish level
    -time taken to finish level

What I want to do for example is view the average time taken to finish the level when the level is 1 and the difficulty is easy.

Is there a way of doing this? Only workaround I can think of at the moment is change the name of the event to LevelCompleteEasy1 and have the difficulty and level number in the name. (but I don't want to do this as it does not give me the freedom I would like.)

Is there currently a way of doing this?

Thanks!

2. sschan

sschan

Hi @lloydg - Your solution works as well. :D Alternatively you can try the below suggestions out:

[1] Create a custom event for each Level (i.e., "Level1, Level2, Level3"), and include level difficulty, time, and number of moves as a numeric parameter. For numeric parameters, we can show you the count, sum and average in Data Explorer. This will allow you to see on average how much time players are spending on a specific Level or the average number of moves. Unfortunately, we currently can't display multiple numeric parameters in the graph. Check this post out for more info on custom events.

[2] Another way would be to create a funnel that tracks players progression from different Levels. This works best if Levels are linear (i.e., players must complete Level1 before Level2, and etc...). Once a funnel is populated, there is an option Parameter Overview that will show you for each funnel step, the average of numeric parameters. Again, you'll want to make sure that the custom event has level difficulty, time, and number of moves, as a numeric parameter. For more info on funnels, take a look at this post.

Finally, we are working on raw data export and you'll have access to the data for this specific type of visualization you are asking for. We'll announce it when it's available. :)

lloydg and angeloferro like this.