Search Unity

Concept Car - Case Study

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by olligrimm, Feb 21, 2008.

1. olligrimm

olligrimm

Hi all, we just added Unity to our portfolio and created this little case study on a car. The main approach was to get it running on every system and browser. What do you think? We just love the idea of having realtime animated content available on the net!

Cheers,

Olli

P.S.: check out at www.rayd.de/car
    Move the car with the arrows-keys and open/close
    the doors by clicking on it. Or press O/C to open/close.. Enjoy!

Attached Files:

2. drJones

drJones

VERY nice : )

sounds like this is for display and not realtime gameplay, but of course the usual question i'm always curious about, how many polys?

(also i'm wondering are you using unity's default shaders or did you make your own? very well done)

3. Alpha-Loup

Alpha-Loup

Stunning work!

I really like how you defined the different materials.
    The model itself is also awesome.

Keep going!

Frank

4. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

:eek: Double Wow!

5. olligrimm

olligrimm

Hi guys,

thanks for the reply.. The model itself has about 200K Polys. The scenery is build completely in Cinema4D with baked shadows and lighting. We used the default Unity shaders but rearranged them a little.. At the moment we still have troubles writing fully compatible shaders for DirectX and OpenGL. But, well, never give up !! We started with imported animations for the doors, but came very soon to the conclusion, that scripted animations were way better to control..

regards from munich,

Olli

6. forestjohnson

forestjohnson

How does the camera control work? It seems jittery here, enough that it somewhat degrades the experience. Are you multiplying by delta time in the right places? Is it running in Update? You should be lerping more for a smoother feel.

Also, I noticed some oddness when hloding two keys and then releasing one.

Nice car :)

7. Predster

Predster

Yeah, the camera seems quite jittery! How is it moving? On some sort of track?

8. zambezi

zambezi

Yes you are right, the Cam script is only a modyfied version of the orbitcam script. At the moment I try to apply a smoothDampAngle script, this seems to be the right way but it`s not finished yet. I let you know.
    Moritz