Search Unity

Official Concept art

Discussion in 'Open Projects' started by cirocontinisio, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Smurjo

Smurjo

Sure they need an inventory icon, but guess it is very simple to do. We would just need a background. Then we can take the 3D item, put it in front of it and take a screenshot.

2. arunchahar

arunchahar

@itsLevi0sa thanks for pointing out the relevant links. Much appreciated.

I will add some arts there as well.

Vegetation - Grass, Blades and roots
    A - Complete View
    B - Grass Blade
    C - Grass Root
    001_Grass.png

3. arunchahar

arunchahar

Cartoony Coconut Tree with fruit.
    1. Complete tree
    2. A tree Leaf
    3. Coconut Fruit

003_CoconutTreeCartoony02.png

4. arunchahar

arunchahar

Different Tree Types

004_Trees01.png

5. arunchahar

arunchahar

Different Leaves types

005_Leaves.png

6. arunchahar

arunchahar

Flat Top type rocks.

001_RocksFlat01.png

7. arunchahar

arunchahar

Types Of Rocks Formations

002_RocksFormations.png

8. Smurjo

Smurjo

Hey @arunchahar I very much agree with what @itsLevi0sa said that you should do some more reading and exploring what we already have in the project. It's kind of a waste if you do a coconut tree or rock formations when Unity already has provided nice 3D-models of those. Sure we could always use additional different trees and rock formations but they are of low priority compared to what we really need.

I would recommend, even if you "only" do concept art, that you download the Unity project from Github as described here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbSrx0QoTG4&feature=emb_title.
    If you go to the art showcase scene you see part of the art we already have:
    upload_2021-1-17_5-15-36.png
    But it isn't complete, all art assets already merged you would find if you search for all prefabs in the project window plus there are more in open pull requests on Github.

Where do you find the stuff we need?
    You could for instance go to the whiteboxing thread https://forum.unity.com/threads/whiteboxing.987468/.
    or the narrative thread https://forum.unity.com/threads/dialogue-and-narrative.980097/
    Try to imagine how things should look in the game, e.g. the bridges, the waterfalls, the mountain, the stage, the waterwheels, the well, the aqueducts. What would the player see from a certain position, for example when he is on the bridge from the beach?
    I would also think that on the balance between "standard" and "unique" you can aim a little more in the direction of unique. If things are too "standard" they tend to be boring, if they are too "unique" they are not recognizeable.

cirocontinisio likes this.
  9. arunchahar

arunchahar

Okay @Smurjo , thanks for detailed review. Will update soon... :)

10. arunchahar

arunchahar

itsLevi0sa and Smurjo like this.
  11. arunchahar

arunchahar

Mountain Lake region elevated view. Tried experimenting with the mountain with grand canyon striped look. Instead of ground the ingredient chest is on a higher ground and the critters are guarding it below. They maybe patrolling alone or in groups.

002_MountainLakeRegionElevatedView.png

itsLevi0sa likes this.
  12. arunchahar

arunchahar

Had posted an art for the beach. https://forum.unity.com/threads/concept-art.995365/page-2#post-6686314. it had a docks area after MC arrives on his boat he parks it at the docks.

Art for bridges and docks. Same structure can be used for both bridges and docks.
    BridgesAndDocks.png

1 - Complete View
    2 - Top view containing two parts - end part and middle part
    3 - 3D view containing two parts - end part and middle part

Usage:
    For short structures two end parts can be used.
    For long structures multiple middle parts can be placed in between then end parts

itsLevi0sa likes this.
  13. arunchahar

arunchahar

Smurjo likes this.
  14. cirocontinisio

cirocontinisio

Like Smurjo said, I feel like this looks more like a small docking pier than a bridge.
    Also, I feel like the X shaped sticks are too thin. They would brake very fast if made of wood.

arunchahar likes this.
  15. Smurjo

Smurjo

They wouldn't carry much load anyway, at least not in a bridge... These diagonal braces serve to take forces from the front or back (e.g. if someone steps on the brakes on top of the bridge or ram the pier from the front with a boat) - in this construction the bridge would simply collapse in the perpendicular direction (to the side) then, for which there are no braces at all.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    arunchahar likes this.
  16. cirocontinisio

cirocontinisio

I wasn't thinking about forces, but more like direct hits (i.e. something pushed by the current, for instance). They seem too thin.

arunchahar likes this.
  17. arunchahar

arunchahar

@cirocontinisio Yeah initially i was aiming for using same for both pier and bridges. I will add new art for the pier soon.

@Smurjo and @cirocontinisio I have added new art for a bridge. Its not a continuous one.
    There are wooden pillars at the ends of the bridge.
    The anchors provide additional support.
    The bridge floor is made up of individual planks which are tightly bound together with knotted ropes.
    All the components of the bridge are tied with a strong rope.
    I think it should satisfy physics forces as in addition to wooden pillars we have anchors as well and combined with the rope and wooden knots it hold the bridges very tightly.
    003_WoodenBridgeWithComponents.png
    1 - Wooden bridge full view
    2 - Bridges end component with anchor
    3 - Bridge middle component with plank
    4 - Bridge plank with holes on both ends
    5 - Bridge anchor piece
    6 - Bridge Main pillar of end piece.

Let me know if you have more suggestions.

Smurjo likes this.
  18. arunchahar

arunchahar

Okay will add some thick planks.

19. Smurjo

Smurjo

@arunchahar I like that principle. Small refinements:
    • The bridge will not be straight but hang down in the middle following a catenary curve. That can either be the complete bridge or the railing only (if the unavoidable hanging was compensated by ropes of different length)
    • The anchors need to be way stronger. But you wouldn't see all that much of them, since it is buried in the ground.

arunchahar likes this.
  20. arunchahar

arunchahar

@Smurjo Added a refined Wooden Bridge.
    1 - The bridge is now curved in the middle due to gravity.
    2. Each pillar now has two anchors for more support. Pillars are a bit thicker as well.
    004_WoodenBridgeRefined01.png
    1 - Bridge top view
    2 - Bridge side view
    3 - Bridge pillar
    4 - Bridge support string knot
    5 - Bridge floor plank knot

itsLevi0sa and Smurjo like this.
  21. TriggsGames

TriggsGames

I was actually planning on perhaps working on some Icons!

22. TriggsGames

TriggsGames

Hi, I would like to contribute, but I'm not sure if I'm old enough, I didn't really read through the thing when I first downloaded Unity... :oops:

23. arunchahar

arunchahar

24. arunchahar

arunchahar

Close up of a rope. Added a sketch of tying a knot in rope. For better visualisation of 3D model.

006_RopeCloseupAndKnot.png
    1 - Close up of a rope. Texture of rope.
    3-6 Tying a knot in rope.
    7 - Final view of a knot in rope.

25. Smurjo

Smurjo

I have done a very simple concept of the "golden rock critter egg cracker":
    rockCritterEggCrackerConcept.png
    It is inspired by historic nutcrackers where the nuts are put in their mouth and the nuts are cracked by pushing down a lever on the back. I thought it would be appropriate if it had the outer shape of rock critters, on the front it looks like a rock critter with its mouth wide open.

Inside there is a special bowl with an edge in the middle to catch the content of the cracked egg (no walking in yolk). From the top there is a second edge pushed down by the lever. The egg will be cracked between the edge on the lever and the edge in bowl.

From the side you see the lever and a third leg in the back which prevents the cracker from falling over when pushing the lever.

The bowl, the edge from the top and the hinge would be metal, the rest maybe carved from wood.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    cirocontinisio and calculus7 like this.
  26. aby_gamemaker

aby_gamemaker

Sketched a quick drop item satchel.

Attached Files:

27. arunchahar

arunchahar

Got some time to add some arts for fence but 3d model has already been made. I am adding it anyways.

007_FenceTypes.png
    Different types of fences. Modular parts which can be stacked side by side to enclose an area.

28. RTBRuhan

RTBRuhan

Hello I was working on this one @CiroContns Task.png Final 1.png

29. cirocontinisio

cirocontinisio

30. RTBRuhan

RTBRuhan

Ah! I see ... this was just a conceptual ...... what ever I will try to come up with something new next time which goes with our existing structure

31. arunchahar

arunchahar

32. arunchahar

arunchahar

Cooking Competition Ring

010_CokkingCompetitionRing.png

There is a big stone platform with two cooking table having all cooking ingredients and utensils. And and judges are sitting at one side with their plates ready. Rest of the townsfolk are watching outside the ring.

33. laczkyl

laczkyl

Everything done with this game is absolutely beautiful, the models, the whiteboxing, the concept are and that fantastic UI. Kudos to everyone.

34. arunchahar

arunchahar

Environment Art: A view of ocean from the town. There is a guard railing made of wood.
    001_TownFishMarketAreaOceanView.png

itsLevi0sa likes this.
  35. TatoD

TatoD

Hi all,

I saw the card for utensils concept art was still open so I came up with some B/W concept sketches for fun. First, I came up with a wardrobe of aprons that the pig could have and players could swap into or unlock.

The second image is a broader array of utensils. My favorite is the multiple different sauces. I also think it would be cool if the sauces each gave the pig unique abilities, with more powerful sauces being more rare in the game. I also threw in a COVID mask with a pig snout on it.

Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 1.32.25 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 1.32.44 PM.png

arunchahar likes this.
  36. RTBRuhan

RTBRuhan

Attached Files:

cirocontinisio and Smurjo like this.
  37. BrettHuang

BrettHuang

Hello All,

This is a concept art from one of the fans in China. I forward his post here. There are a lot of fans in China but they don't seem to have access to the forum. So I am here to help them forward some contributions.

This is a concept art from @Church.FQ.
    Thank you!

6a4f0955b084e709c137a074e9ba16decda52dc4.jpg

38. cirocontinisio

cirocontinisio

That's amazing!! They make them all look so evil! :D
    Nice lighting though!

Out of curiosity, where does the conversation around Open Projects happen in China? Which website(s)?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    unity_2028729847 likes this.
  39. BrettHuang

BrettHuang

Actually, not that many people...
    It's just a website call bilibili https://space.bilibili.com/434224775,
    which is kind of Chinese Youtube..

And I have been posting the videos I made the same as my youtube channel, to introduce everything I learn from this project.

Sometimes I got some replies from the followers. That's it. There is no forum or website for this.
    By the way it's weird that Unity China (Which also is a bilibili vloger with ~100K followers https://space.bilibili.com/386224375) never talk about this open projects. Maybe they found it impossible to translate everything..

40. cirocontinisio

cirocontinisio

Ah yes, I'm aware of BiliBili and I knew you were posting the videos there. Cool!

The project is handled by our team alone (based in Europe), but it might be fun to do some collaboration. I don't think it should come as a form of translation, as you say the material is a lot, but maybe they could do their own livestreams/videos/whatever format. I'll have another a chat with them :)

BrettHuang likes this.
  41. MonopolyMonkey

MonopolyMonkey

Since the early art seemed to be a blend between rpg and cooking elements....
    The Forge Chop Chop.png

This could be how every cooking station looks or perhaps its a particular part of town that has stations like this. There's a lot to build on. I made the surfaces really low since the characters seem quite short.

42. cirocontinisio

cirocontinisio

This is so cool, nice idea!
    Would be lovely to see it in 3D, not sure if anyone wants to take up the challenge!

43. MintyMeta

MintyMeta

I would love to create this in 3D for you guys, I think it looks really cool.

itsLevi0sa likes this.
  44. Smurjo

Smurjo

They are having a cooking festival and of course would need cooking stations for it. Yet when I did concept art for the several boots on the cooking festival, I was thinking of them as temporary structures, set up especially for the cooking festival and stored away for the rest of the year. I can see everything on your drawing also set up temporarily but not the preparation table. It isn't functionally required to be solid block of stone and would be really a pain to carry in place, especially as the townsfolks don't use motors.

MonopolyMonkey likes this.
  45. MonopolyMonkey

MonopolyMonkey

I think it would be a pain too. It's just made to look like an anvil for the aesthetics. So maybe the more indoor and permanent cooking stations use the anvil table.

46. trentrommel

trentrommel

Hi all! I saw that concept art for cooking utensils was still needed here, so I put together some ideas. Let me know what you guys think!

CHOP CHOP Cooking Utensils 01_fullsize.jpg CHOP CHOP Cooking Utensils 02_fullsize.jpg