Search Unity

1. Curious about what's going to be in 2021.1? Have a look at the 2021.1 beta blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics Compute shaders broken

Discussion in '5.3 Beta' started by Gaxil, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Gaxil

Gaxil

I still have that recurrent problem since version 5.1 that most of my compute shaders are not working at all. It takes ages to compile and after several minutes (it can be more than 10 minutes for some shaders) I have messages like :
    Shader error in 'xxx.compute': Internal error communicating with the compute shader compiler process
    or
    Compute Shader compiler: internal error compiling shader platform=4: Protocol error - failed to read correct magic number
    or
    Compute Shader compiler: internal error compiling shader platform=15: Protocol error - failed to read correct magic number

But everything is still working fine under version 5.0.2 and I'm therefore forced to use that version to distribute my software without being able to benefit from the upgrades since then. I've already reported the bugs but nothing seems to move on that side since months ... I can understand that it's not a high priority problem, but it worked and it was broken since the introduction of other platforms that I don't use at all, I just like to have it working on windows.
    If at least it was possible to just forbid the compilation of these platforms for compute shaders, like it is with regular shaders ...

Any help is appreciated!

2. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

Bug # please? (even if old...)

3. Gaxil

Gaxil

No problem :
    Bug #725807 and also #703387

It's basically the same bug, but the examples provided to reproduce it are differents (and I forget that I had already entered the bug the second time :-/ ... )

unityunity