Search Unity

Compress assets on import settings re-enables itself

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by delebru, May 12, 2020.

1. delebru

delebru

I'm having some trouble on a Windows build server where launching Unity batch mode through a Team City agent re enables the compress assets on import setting, which extends build times unnecessarily.

Launching the editor manually and changing the setting on the UI makes the change persist for another manual editor launch. But as soon as batchmode is executed by the TC agent, the setting is re enabled again.

I've also tried setting to 0 all occurences of kCompressTexturesOnImport_h983534968 on the Windows registry, which also works when opening the editor manually; but gets changed back to 1 when running batchmode by the TC agent.

Any ideas why this could be happening? Or is there a way to make sure the setting stays disabled by passing an argument on the batchmode call?

joe_nk likes this.
  2. SkippyV

SkippyV

I'm not using TC but I also experience the editor constantly resetting "compress assets on import" back to enabled. Makes initial import of new assets or migration to a new Unity build painful when I don't catch it.