Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

CompoundCollider Filter Error Not Union Of Children

Discussion in 'Physics for ECS' started by alfiare, May 6, 2021.

1. alfiare

alfiare

I can't explain why this happens or why the fix works, maybe it's a bug. I am creating a compound collider using the following code

Code (CSharp):
    1. NativeArray<CompoundCollider.ColliderBlobInstance> colliderArray = new NativeArray<CompoundCollider.ColliderBlobInstance>(3, Allocator.Temp);
    3.                 colliderArray[0] = new CompoundCollider.ColliderBlobInstance()
    4.                 {
    5.                     Collider = Unity.Physics.SphereCollider.Create(
    6.                     new SphereGeometry() { Center = float3.zero, Radius = privateModel.HeatSignatureSize },
    7.                     new CollisionFilter() { BelongsTo = Constants.CollisionLayers.HeatSignature, CollidesWith = Constants.CollisionLayers.HeatSignature, GroupIndex = -targetingId }),
    8.                     CompoundFromChild = new RigidTransform() { pos = float3.zero, rot = quaternion.identity }
    9.                 };
    11.                 colliderArray[1] = new CompoundCollider.ColliderBlobInstance()
    12.                 {
    13.                     Collider = Unity.Physics.SphereCollider.Create(
    14.                     new SphereGeometry() { Center = float3.zero, Radius = privateModel.RadarSignatureSize },
    15.                     new CollisionFilter() { BelongsTo = Constants.CollisionLayers.RadarSignature, CollidesWith = Constants.CollisionLayers.RadarSignature, GroupIndex = -targetingId }),
    16.                     CompoundFromChild = new RigidTransform() { pos = float3.zero, rot = quaternion.identity }
    17.                 };
    19.                 colliderArray[2] = new CompoundCollider.ColliderBlobInstance()
    20.                 {
    21.                     Collider = Unity.Physics.SphereCollider.Create(
    22.                     new SphereGeometry() { Center = float3.zero, Radius = privateModel.OpticalSignatureSize },
    23.                     new CollisionFilter() { BelongsTo = Constants.CollisionLayers.OpticalSignature, CollidesWith = Constants.CollisionLayers.OpticalSignature, GroupIndex = -targetingId }),
    24.                     CompoundFromChild = new RigidTransform() { pos = float3.zero, rot = quaternion.identity }
    25.                 };
    27.                 //colliderArray[3] = new CompoundCollider.ColliderBlobInstance()
    28.                 //{
    29.                 //    Collider = Unity.Physics.SphereCollider.Create(
    30.                 //        new SphereGeometry() { Center = float3.zero, Radius = 5 },
    31.                 //        new CollisionFilter() { BelongsTo = Constants.CollisionLayers.HeatSignature, CollidesWith = Constants.CollisionLayers.HeatSignature }),
    32.                 //    CompoundFromChild = new RigidTransform() { pos = float3.zero, rot = quaternion.identity }
    33.                 //};
    35.                 collider = CompoundCollider.Create(colliderArray);
    36.                 colliderArray.Dispose();
    If I create the collider like this I get the error at the bottom of this post (with Burst turned off). If I uncomment the 4th collider to be added to the compound (and change the array dimension to accommodate it) then I don't get the error, everything seems to work as expected. The only difference I can see is that the 4th collider (which I created just to test this out, not really intended to have two with roughly the same filter etc.) doesn't have a GroupIndex being set on it, but I can't think of any reason that should matter.

Hoping someone has an idea why this is?

ArgumentException: FixedString32: Truncation while copying "CollisionFilter of a compound collider is not a union of its children. You must call CompoundCollider.RefreshCollisionFilter() to update the root filter after changing child filters."
    Unity.Collections.FixedString128.CheckCopyError (Unity.Collections.CopyError error, System.String source) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collections@0.15.0-preview.21/Unity.Collections/FixedString.gen.cs:2575)
    Unity.Collections.FixedString128..ctor (System.String source) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collections@0.15.0-preview.21/Unity.Collections/FixedString.gen.cs:2102)
    Unity.Collections.FixedString128.op_Implicit (System.String b) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.collections@0.15.0-preview.21/Unity.Collections/FixedString.gen.cs:2505)
    Unity.Physics.Systems.ExportPhysicsWorld.CheckColliderFilterIntegrity (Unity.Collections.NativeArray`1[T] colliders) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.physics@0.6.0-preview.3/Unity.Physics/ECS/Base/Systems/ExportPhysicsWorld.cs:325)
    Unity.Physics.Systems.ExportPhysicsWorld+CheckColliderIntegrity.Execute (Unity.Entities.ArchetypeChunk batchInChunk, System.Int32 batchIndex) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.physics@0.6.0-preview.3/Unity.Physics/ECS/Base/Systems/ExportPhysicsWorld.cs:271)
    Unity.Entities.JobEntityBatchExtensions+JobEntityBatchProducer`1[T].ExecuteInternal (Unity.Entities.JobEntityBatchExtensions+JobEntityBatchWrapper`1[T]& jobWrapper, System.IntPtr bufferRangePatchData, Unity.Jobs.LowLevel.Unsafe.JobRanges& ranges, System.Int32 jobIndex) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.17.0-preview.41/Unity.Entities/IJobEntityBatch.cs:571)
    Unity.Entities.JobEntityBatchExtensions+JobEntityBatchProducer`1[T].Execute (Unity.Entities.JobEntityBatchExtensions+JobEntityBatchWrapper`1[T]& jobWrapper, System.IntPtr additionalPtr, System.IntPtr bufferRangePatchData, Unity.Jobs.LowLevel.Unsafe.JobRanges& ranges, System.Int32 jobIndex) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.17.0-preview.41/Unity.Entities/IJobEntityBatch.cs:513)

2. petarmHavok

petarmHavok

There is a bug in the safety system and I think not setting the group index is actually what gets you past this (you get a group index of 0). :)

The fix is quite easy. Go to ExportPhysicsWorld.cs and locate a function CheckColliderFilterIntegrity(). Then, after the inner for loop, right before the final if statement, add this line:

combinedFilter.GroupIndex = rootFilter.GroupIndex;

This effectively invalidates group index comparison since it has no concept of union, so it will help pass the check. Let me know if it fixes it for you.

I know it's not ideal, since it will require you to edit the package, but I can't give any info on the timeline for this fix at the moment.