Search Unity

Bug CompoundCollider Filter doesn't update anymore at runtime

Discussion in 'Physics for ECS' started by argibaltzi, Nov 11, 2020.

1. argibaltzi

argibaltzi

I am trying to change the collision filter of a collider at runtime but it doesn't seem to work anymore....

I noticed that some collisions are disabled but some are still enabled, is this a bug? in the previous physics version i could change the filter just fine

Code (CSharp):
    1. Entities
    2.                .WithBurst()
    3.                .ForEach((ref PhysicsCollider collider) =>
    4.                {
    5.                          collider.Value.Value.Filter = CollisionFilter.Zero;
    7.                }).Run();
    the colliders were made with material templates if it makes any difference

simple box colliders seem to get disabled in the scene and do not collide with anything as expected in this test

the collider.Value.Value.Filter in the compound colliders does not change after i set a new value

2. steveeHavok

steveeHavok

TLDR, a fix is coming.

For the next release we are trying to make tweaking CollisionFilter much easier, especially for compound Colliders. Case in point, check out this thread related to MeshColliders.
    Similar issues arise for CompoundColliders as well as MeshColliders. The Filter on the top level of the CompoundCollider is only really a getter for the union of all the Filters of the ChildColliders. So changing the top level Filter on a Compound doesn't do anything. You really need to tweak the Filters of the children, and even then you really need to tweak the Unity Physics code to update the Filter at the top level (i.e. as described for MeshColliders here).

petarmHavok and argibaltzi like this.