Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved Composites not showing up in Editor?

Discussion in 'Input System' started by BTStone, Feb 17, 2021.

1. BTStone

BTStone

Hey there,

Using Unity 2020.2.4f1
    Using Input System Package 1.0.2

For some reason I can't add 2D Vector Bindings anymore to some actions, but others can create as many as I want to.

This "NaviagteMenu" action has already two 2D Vector Composite bindings, and I can't add more since the ContextMenu doesn't even show up.
    No2DVector.png

The "LeaveMainMenu" action has none yet, but I can add as many as I like

Many2DVectors.png

I tested this also with 1.1.0 preview 1, preview 2 and preview 3. Same behaviour!

This is a bug, right?

2. Rene-Damm

Rene-Damm

Make sure the value type matches. There was a fix in one of the previews where one menu wasn't filtering out anything whereas others correctly filtered by value type. Basically, the expectation is that if you have a composite that returns a Vector2 but you're looking at an action that expects a float value binding, then the composite shouldn't show.

3. BTStone

BTStone

Hey @Rene-Damm -
    thanks for the reply.

What do you mean by value type or do you mean the Action Type property?
    Just double checked. The "NavigateMenu" action is a "Button"-ActionType. Setting it to "Value" and "Vector2" as Control Type allows to create a 2D Composite binding :)

But apparently, this whole filtering seems a bit buggy:

Reset to Button. Setting to Value. Setting Control Type to "Any" -> Cant create 2D Vector Composite
    Reset to Button. Setting to Value. Setting Control Type to "Analogue", changing after that again to "Any" ->
    Can create 2D Vector Composite again

4. Rene-Damm

Rene-Damm

That part doesn't sound right. Might be the code isn't treating "Any" correctly or something. Would you mind filing a ticket for that one?

5. BTStone

BTStone

I try to, won't be able to this week, but I'll find time next week. Going to update this thread with the issue number once reported :)

6. BTStone

BTStone

Hmpf, I can't get it reproduced anymore...if I can, I'll create a bugreport.
    But the initial issue was solved, so I'll mark the topic as solved as well :)