Search Unity

Tile Map Composite Collider 2d not behaving as expected

Discussion in '2D Experimental Preview' started by CyanSlinky, Oct 16, 2017.

1. CyanSlinky

CyanSlinky

I'm trying to use a tilemap collider 2d in conjunction with a composite collider 2d to have "walls" on the edges of the tiles but the composite collider doesn't seem to be merging them properly in some places and as a result i get walls where i don't want them.

the red arrows indicate where it's generating walls where i don't want them.

colliderwhy.png

2. CyanSlinky

CyanSlinky

i did some tests and apparently it works fine with a normal tile.
    It breaks when using a terrain tile from the 2d extras, any way to fix it?

Edit: i tried using the rule tile instead and it seems to break on the edges of rotated tiles?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  3. CyanSlinky

CyanSlinky

a year later and this is still broken, no idea how to fix it.

4. thatscraigz

thatscraigz

Just ran into this :| pretty annoying. Do you know if it still happens when using a rule tile made from scratch? (versus duplicating the example one?)

5. CyanSlinky

CyanSlinky

Never managed to fix this, and i haven't tried since the last time i posted. You could try making your own rule tile from scratch or try to figure out what's doing it in the existing one, i moved on to other projects since then but id appreciate it if you could share your solution if you figure it out!

6. thatscraigz

thatscraigz

For sure - I'll tinker some more and post again if I happen to find the fix. Pretty annoying :confused:

Thanks for the reply! :D

7. GuyHC

GuyHC

Did anyone find a fix for this? Having exactly the same issue. Manual tiles are fine but rule tiles are causing all sorts of weird additional bits.

8. thatscraigz

thatscraigz

I ended up moving on to other stuff :/ couldnt get it working properly ><

9. ChuanXin

ChuanXin

Unity Technologies

There is a new option in the CompositeCollider2D in Unity 2019.1.3f1, Offset Distance, along with the existing Vertex distance to help deal with the gaps.

Attached Files:

• CC.PNG
      CC.PNG
      File size:
      23.3 KB
      Views:
  10. sagivmis

sagivmis

If anyone encounters this thread- I don't think its supposed to fix this, but this probably shouldnt happen in the first place so i guess whatever works ^^
    I really dont know if it'll work for you but for me it worked to simply hover with a regular tile from the palette over the painted ones in the scene
    And yes, I laughed so hard when I found out this was the fix for it.

unityunity