Search Unity

Bug Composite Collider 2D Inconsistent results

Discussion in 'Physics' started by DanielThomas, Apr 6, 2021.

1. DanielThomas

DanielThomas

(Tried on Unity 2020.1, 2020.2, 2020.3)
    I'm getting an inconsistent result with Composite Collider 2D that uses Offset distance to close gaps between colliders.

Step-by-Step:

1. I have an game object parent with two of 2D box colliders, but they have a little gap between them.

2. I add an 2D composite collider, set it to geometry typer: polygon, and increase the Offset distance to where the colliders connect in straight lines (forming one big box with 4 rounded edges).

3. If I now for example: delete the two current box colliders and "undo" them back, the composite collider isn't connecting with straight lines anymore, but have some dips/rounded edges where the box collider gap is.

4. If I increase the Offset distance to where it connects with a straight line again and redo the step above (remove and undo back the colliders) it gives the same problem. I can keep doing this and the offset distance keeps increasing.

---

Is this a bug or am I using the offset distance property incorrectly? It's almost like it's being additive for every time it get changed. Removing the composite collider and re-add a new one fixes the increasing offset distance and it's back to first step in my step-by-step above.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  2. DanielThomas

DanielThomas

3. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

2D Physics is currently down to zero bug reports. If you suspect a bug here and can reproduce it easily in a simple project then I would ask that you kindly submit a bug report with it attached. If you also post the case number here I can take a look too.

4. DanielThomas

DanielThomas

Done: (Case 1328999) Composite Collider 2D Inconsistent results

5. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

Sorry I didn't get back to you here; wish the forums had a reminder feature.

Anyway, I wanted to mention that the above case is being looked at.

6. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

We've have figured out the issue. One of my colleagues will be fixing it. Soon a QA will accept your bug report and you'll get a public link so you can monitor the progress of the fix landing.

DanielThomas likes this.
  7. DanielThomas

DanielThomas

Thank you, much appreciated!

MelvMay likes this.