Search Unity

Composer/2D artist looking for summer job. Free of charge

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by PenguinEmporium, May 30, 2013.

1. PenguinEmporium

PenguinEmporium

Hello,
    My name is Charlie Grady and I'm looking for a summer project to work on. I can compose quite well and wish only to do this mainly but if your interested in my art, it's below. I am also working on my 3D skills but I wouldn't suggest them to anyone yet. I am willing to do this free since I am only wanting experience for bigger endeavors. My YouTube channel for music is Penguin Emporium. Samples of my art are below (Will update with better examples)

Contact me via email (PenguinEmporiumSounds@gmail.com)
    or message me on YouTube at ThePenguinEmporium)

With all do respect
    ~Charlie Grady

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  2. Kelde

Kelde

I would consider learning abit more about drawing/painting before attempting even free work.

First u need to develop a personal style, and these tells me u are not comfortable doing it yet. Sketchy lines and muddy blending gives it away.

Plenty of videos on youtube that covers even the most basic techniques, i suggest u go follow those for a few months then see where ur at.

3. PenguinEmporium

PenguinEmporium

Thank you Kelde for the advice regarding the art. Though no offense but this isn't my best art, it's just the only art I've started and finished on my computer last year. So yes, I need to update it when I can.
    The other thing is that I only wanted a composing job and the art was only if people wanted me to do it. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I'll be rewriting it to show clarity in my interests.

4. Markos

Markos

hey

me and my friend are looking for guy like you are.If you are still interesed contact me on skype Travian_fenix

greetings

5. Aguy

Aguy

I know you said art isn't the main focus of the post but you might want to update or show more finished art. Someone might look at the unfinished work and assume that is your skill level. While I don't know your actual skill level, if I see something unfinished, it doesn't give me the feeling that you can finish. Hopefully that came out right...

If you want a composing job then why not have that stuff posted? There's soundcloud and all that. Good music helps push a game along.

6. PenguinEmporium

PenguinEmporium

Sorry if I haven't updated this thread that much, but I have lost most of my data during a cpu decimation. Thankfully I have a new computer to start rebuilding my art and music libraries.
    Killswitch, I have tried to work with SoundCloud before but it is was really slow with my last computer. I might be able to put stuff on there now. But you can go to my youtube channel for now. (https://www.youtube.com/user/ThePenguinEmporium)

Secondly, Markos, I've replied to your message regarding the project.

(Oh, and I've added one of the pictures I managed to save.)